Tuesday, April 26, 2011

VDT - Second Thoughts

So it's been about five months since Voyage of the Dawn Treader came out in the cinemas. A couple of weeks ago my brother, Sir Lipine, and I borrowed the DVD and rewatched it. Our thoughts, now it wasn't on the big screen?
Well, there's no easy way to say this, so I'd better just get this out of me. We thought it was pathetic. Most opinions we had of the film in the cinemas were completely washed away, leaving only disappointment their place. We so wanted this film to be great, to capture the heart of my favourite book, but once we saw it on DVD we could no longer deny that this was a terrible adaptaion and a terrible film.
For the next while or so, in an effort to keep myself blogging more often, I'm going to write small posts covering in detail different aspects in the film. I'll have a post for the plot, a post for each of the characters and a post for each of the themes. After this, I'll do a sum up of all these things and the way they all impact on the overall film.
That's the plan, anyway. :)
~SON

2 comments:

  1. Barbara from BankworldMay 23, 2011 at 6:12 PM

    i thought the movie was good - but then i didn't read the book, so of course the movie was good from my point of view. What is the next book you are going to review?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BOOK OR FILM BUT I HAVE AN IDEA. WHY DONT YOU HAVE A THEME FOR EACH WEEK. LIKE WEEK ONE - FANTASY
    WEEK 2 - ACTION
    WEEK 3 - ADVENTURE
    WEEK 4 - COMEDY
    and so on..... weeks could be turned into months.
    you probably think I think your site is bad. but no.... I LOVE IT!!!! so much that i want to interact with it! anyways, another idea is to have polls and surveys about which book is the best or which film is the best adaptation or something. we all would really like to participate in your awesome site a lot more. this is "a bookworms opinion" right. well why not let us "bookworms" have our "opinion" by interacting with the site to a larger extent....

    that sounded mean didnt it. I am sorry but i get passionate sometimes.

    ReplyDelete